On Thursday, 27 September 2018 the university of economics (WU Wien) invited studentes and interested persons to a panel discussion on Central and Eastern Europe.
Booming CEE economics: How attractive is the CEE region?
The lively discussion with CEE experts Klaus Bauer-Mitterlehner (TPA Group), Stefan Kubacka (Beiersdorf) and Daniel Rath (Erste Bank) focused on the role of the region of Central and Eastern Europe in the strategies and performance of Austrian multinationals.
Austria and especially Vienna also gained a strong reputation as a springboard to CEE: More than 200 foreign multinationals have established CEE headquarters in Austria to run and coordinate their businesses in CEE. Booming economies in EU-CEE attract again the attention of foreign investors and seem to confirm the rightness of the entry decision made by early entrants.
Questions of the evening
- Is CEE still as attractive as it was in the early 2000s?
- What are the most attractive assets of the region from your firm’s point of view?
- Which countries show the best performance?
- What is the position/role of the CEE division in the corporate group today?
- Has the role/importance of CEE changed in the firm?
- Is Vienna/Austria still important as a location for CEE headquarters?
- Do strategies for CEE differ from global ones?
- Does nationalism/protectionism play a role in strategy development for CEE?
- How do you see the future of your firm/industry in CEE?
About the TPA Group
The TPA Group has established itself as a successful player in Central and South Eastern Europe with its expansions in cross border countries in the 90ies. Today the TPA Group is active in 11 CEE countries, offering German speaking advising services at every office and TPA tax & audit experts take care of the entire CEE region from 28 offices.