The SVS sent us the following information in early March 2021:
The SVS is offering insured persons the possibility to have individual instalment payments and solutions at the end of the freeze on reminders:
- The contribution notice includes information clearly stating the current balance.
- The first reminders were sent out at the end of February. The reminder is to be regarded as information. The insured person can take prompt action to agree on a payment plan.
- It is currently possible to arrange payment plans running until 30 June 2023.
- The first instalment (in the case of semi-annual instalments) is currently due no later than June 2021.
- The application for deferment and payment by instalments may be accompanied by an application to reduce the provisional contribution base.
- The interest rate can be adjusted individually on request: from the statutory 3.38% to 0% in individual cases. This is conditional on the fact that having to pay the full amount of interest would pose an economically existential threat.
- The current contributions can be included in the payment plans.
- SVS premiums count towards pensions. No payment = no insurance periods. It therefore has a direct impact on the date of retirement and the pension amount.
- The new fixed cost allowance means that social security contributions can be claimed from the end of 2020.
- The aim is to support all those entrepreneurs and companies that have a positive outlook for the future post COVID-19.